Critical Thinking Appraisal
Think Better. Think Critically. Think Watson.
Critical thinking is the ability to look at a situation and clearly understand it from multiple perspectives so the best decision can be made.
The Watson-Glaser series is the gold standard for measuring critical thinking ability and decision making in high-potential professionals, new managers, and future leaders. Backed by science and decades of research, the assessment is used in organisations as a selection and development tool and in academic settings to assess gains in critical thinking from specific coursework.
- Measures thinking, reasoning, and intelligence
- Predicts problem solving, creativity and strategic thinking
- Long history of use in business and education
- Correlates with other leading ability and personality tests
- Classifies individuals as having low, average, or high critical thinking ability
- Questions separate “bright” from “exceptional”
New RED Model of Critical Thinking
- Recognise Assumptions: Recognising assumptions in ideas, statements, and strategies
- Evaluate Arguments: Evaluating the merit of arguments or information that is presented
- Draw Conclusions: Drawing appropriate conclusions based on the evidence available; Brings together Inference, Deduction and Interpretation subtests